Sunday 1 June 2008

Live Game Report & May Results

As I mentioned in my last post, I played my first ever live game last week as part of the UKFF Forum I belong to. I know its took a while to update but I've been that busy with work and other things that I've not really been online that much.

One thing for sure is that it won't be my last live game because I had a great time although how much that was due to the people and the common theme we had I don't know. It was good to put names to faces.

There were 36 of us who played in a double chance freezeout 6000 chips total with half an hour levels. The tournament lasted over 12 hours. Not sure how with only 36 players but there you go. I ended up finishing 12th when down to 8/9 BB's, I lost in an AJ v 2's Race where I didn't improve. I did have one major piece of luck alot earlier when down to about 4/5 BB's when I rivered a 3 for my A3 to get the better of AK.

On to May, the results I've shown are those since I was back playing after around 20th of MAy almost exclusively ay 25nl other than 1 session where I automatically joined a 50NL table without thinking: -




I've not really had too much of an opportunity to play of late which is probably going to be the case for June as well so this is too small a sample size. One area I've been looking at is my play from the BB in particular my Fold to Steal %. Before I had a review session with Pete, this was running at over 90% over the few hands I've played of late, this is now down to 84% which is kind of where I want to be. I was also losing far too much from the blinds which should hopefully improve over time: -



Nothing really stands out that I can see positionally, probably too small a sample size to look at, we'll see at the end of June how things are.

I've also played a bit of HU which I'm going to continue to do but nothing really to report there as only played a few hands.

June Goals

I'm really not sure how much I'll be able to play in June due to a number of various factor's so not going to set any goals in regards to hands etc. I want to look more at a couple of area's I need to work on which are as follows: -

Continue with what I am doing on the BB
Revisit C-betting and get that worked into my game correctly
Look at Non Showdown pots because this is where I lose alot of money - connected to c-betting
Hand/Table analysis which is where the HU will come in.
Get back posting hands in here and on the forums
Get back into the habit of reading and commenting on other blogs which has suffered alot of late as well as my updating due to lack of time.


2 comments:

RakebackFAQ said...

Fairly decent month for the amount youve played, Your goals sound like good solid thinking. I might start HU soon probably next month wanna set some games up and transfer the winnings back? Will cost rake but better than buyins, but itll be next month want to build my BR this one. And if we do it at happyhour could get alot of points to :) from 8-10 i think. Let me know if your up for it, best of luck with the rest of the month.

RakebackFAQ said...

PS. you should try out holdem manager there is so many filters to it for looking at cirten situations, one feature i love is it shows hand ranges of everyone from evey position im going to but it soon when the 5k hands runs out.