Wednesday 13 February 2008

Will this Ever Stop!!!!

WARNING SERIOUS MOANING POST

For the most part this month had been going ok I was down slightly which was not a big issue as my stats were pretty reasonable and had a sweat session with Vili the other day when we went through my Poker Tracker and that looked ok. However, the last two says have been horrible and I am so fed up that I really am starting to seriously think that I'm not cut out for this.

I've only played 700 hands yet managed to lose nearly 5 buy ins. I know this is being results orientated but I am totally fed up with putting the hours in studying the game and not seeing any returns. This has been going on for too long now and I really don't know what to do. May be I need to change the way I study I don't know. What's even more annoying is that I could probably have got away with these losses but me being me decided to carry on with hands when I was probably behind. Any way here's the carnage in more detail: -

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2094046


The other player in this hand was playing 81/4/1.18 his Agression Factor increased from the flop to the River, which is not really the issue here, my concern is with my Turn Play. Why the hell did I not just fold to his bet. People keep telling me that I want to be playing against player's with these kinds of stats and I am looking for player's playing like this but most of my losing hands are with this type of player because I never give them any credit.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2094069

On this hand why did I decide to push the flop the board is too dangerous. I should either have just called or folded. He's playing 33.89/13.27.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2094116

This is against the same player as hand 1 and the worrying thing here is that I never even saw the flush coming I thought we may be splitting the pot.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2094097

This is just standard and I'd do the same here every time.

OK moan over for know no doubt it will continue soon but hopefully not.

If any one sees me at a table tonight please give me as much abuse as you like because I don't plan on going any where near a poker site for a couple of days.

Sorry for the negativity.

4 comments:

Velislav Babatchev said...

It just looks like some variance Chris, hang in there.

Hand 1: you can safely fold the turn, bet more on the flop next time though.

Hand 2: standard

Hand 3: raising the river there isn't that bad if you think he's going to pay you with like a JQ type of hand. Once he re-raises you though it kinda stinks cuz now you are calling to hopefully chop. I'm not sure if like calling there or re-raising and folding to another raise (of course he MIN raises you lol).

Hand 4: standard.

mongoose said...

Hand 1: make a note that he raised his flush draw.

i'm with Vili, bigger flop bet, fold the turn.

Hand 2: i stoved it putting him on overpairs, suited overcards, and sets (not the 66 though), and you're about a flip here (53/47) with dead money in the pot.

not a bad play imo.

Hand 3: his $7 river overbet into a $3 pot is a bother. i can see looking him up with a Ten, but i can't see escalating things here with that raise.

if you really think you're chopping, why pump the pot? i think this one is some pretty bad spew.

Hand 4: even if it didn't get all in pre, you're never folding that set of kings. just variance.

RakebackFAQ said...

I agree with Vili about this being varience. A day or 3 off could do good. Iam sure that your consertive with your BR so it shouldnt hurt you to much if you have one or 2 good sessions you could get all of this back. I would add the firts guy to your buddy list.

Best of luck

grinder said...

I think the problem with us part timers is that we want to see results when we are playing well , but due to variance that may not always be the case.

Just looking at leatherasses grapk on Dodgykens blog sort of brought it home to me

He had a 120 thousand hand break even run

Thats more than ive played in 6 months

Im sure its variance . Ive watched you play a couple of times and you seem solid enough for sure