Sunday 2 September 2007

Average Start To September

Its been a while since I posted some hands, here's a couple I played last night where I got into a couple of awkward situations: -

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1436379

The other player is at 32.46/23.68 and I didn't really have too much on reads from him at this point.

I made a standard Button Raise which he called from the Small Blind with AK I would have expected a raise from him Out of Position which would have seen me fold. I checked the flop with an open ended straight draw, maybe I should have bet out here but I think he would have called regardless. The turn was not exactly a card that helped me and at this point, I think the money was going to go in eventually. Could I have played this hand any differently?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1436398

I just don't like the way I played this hand on the Turn. Check Calling I think is horrible. I should have done one of three things - Bet out, Check Raised or even folded because having been called pre flop and on the flop he obviously had some kind of hand probably KQ/AK. I don't think I had any option on the river but to fold. His stats are 24.15/13.13. How would people have played this on the turn?

Thanks

4 comments:

DODGYKEN said...

Hand 1: Versus a 34/24 I'm not folding at any point. I probably just raise up the turn to be honest.

Hand 2: I don't mind the way you played this. I think he has the K most of the time after betting twice too. Another way to play it would be bet/fold turn. Or bet turn and check river. It would be still be a tough river decision though when you check to him.

grinder said...

hand 1

yep its suprising that he did not raise with ak so to be honest its pretty dificult to get away from this hand ul

hand 2

at least this guy gives you the chance to get away , dodgy gives you the alternatives , but the fold is good

RakebackFAQ said...

Hand 1)
I think you can c bet here but i think hes calling either ways so just an ul hand.

Hand 2)
Its a horrible flop for your hand. I think pa hud can help you here i was reading dogykens blog and he has lots of stats out one iam going to add next time i play is fold to turn bet it will tell me who to bet at and who not to. The hand was just unfortunate and a good fold imo.

Marc said...

Hand 1: I like how you played this until the river. The thing with 4 to a straight (or 4 to a flush) is that a non-nut push becomes in effect a little like a bluff, IMO. Think about what the board looks like to villain, and assuming that you haven't been getting out of line, is he going to call with less than a straight a lot of the time? I would just call behind. I would have bet the river if he would have checked, and then might have been priced in to calling a push from him, but I'd try to avoid making the push myself without seeing him make a light call.

Hand 2: This hand is hard to play; no matter how you approach it, you have a significant chance to make a mistake. I believe that I would just keep making smallish bets until he raised me (I might check and call a reasonable bet on the river).