Wednesday 5 September 2007

A bit of a dilemma

I've got a bit of an issue at the moment in that am currently playing on a Crypto Site and Prima/Microgaming Site where although you can set tables to a smaller size i.e. Pro View/Mini View respectively so that you can play more tables, if I do so then I lose my PA Hud Stats. As a result, I can currently only have 2 tables open and even then they over lap big time. I would like to play 3 tables which is about my limit before I start losing control. I'm sacrificing the additional table so I can continue playing with my Hud Stats showing. How would any one proceed with this scenario?

The poker's not been going to badly this week. I've pretty much been playing ABC Poker and trusting my reads and using my PA Hud Stats a bit more. There's not really been much of interest happening and I only have one hand of interest to post here: -

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1449277


The other player here is playing at 38.61/6.14.

With an early position raise and call, I reraise pre flop here with a view to isolating one other player in the hand or even taking it down there and then. With QQ was the fold an option here.

I absolutely hated the flop oop and decided to check/fold I guess I should maybe have bet out here to find out where I was and too get rid of the potential draws even with a paired board. Having been checked behind me, I decided to make a bet at the pot to try and win it but should I have just check/folded this hand down?

I'm going to be taking a break for a week or so because I will be another year older tomorrow, A bit closer to 40 so no fit state to play hopefully and the hangovers take longer to recover from these days. Then on Sunday I'm off to Nice for a convention for three days with work. Its a hard life. The break will do me good. I'll probably check the forums/blogs out at some point if I get chance but thats about it.

Good luck

Chris

6 comments:

mongoose said...

i don't think you can lay down a QQ pre here. if they're really tight players, i'd at least call for set-mining.

unless you have reason to believe that the UTG player would only raise with AA/KK the 3-bet is fine, imo. if the cCaller had AA/KK he would have raised (usually).

once the flop hits though, it's so dang ugly that the hand is over. the turn makes it even worse.

you have JJ- beaten, but that's about it, and they'd be happy to check/check it down with you if they're thinking opponents.

as for 3-tabling, the following rooms have resizeable tables (not mini-views):
Absolute
Full Tilt
PokerStars

there may be others, i'm not sure.

grinder said...

Many Happy Returns and dont worry about the 40 business its not so bad....I think !!

Mongoose is right the above sites all have resizeable tables . the other plus factor is that they also have more players than crypto so you are able to find more players that are worse .

And they will give you rake back .Check out rekereduction on the CR site they can help

GL Later

losbert said...

Thanks I'm not 40 yet still a couple of years.

I've given up on Stars for Cash still play tourneys there just can't make it work for me. I have Rakeback with Rake Reduction for Sun and Battlefield. I deposited at Absolute about a year ago before I'd heard of Rakeback so I don't think I'll be able to do anything there. I've never deposited at Full Tilt or not yet any way I do have an account. Far too many Card Runners Members for my liking can't be much of an edge.

robracing said...

Hi Chris,

I have the same problem as you, as I normally play on my work laptop, which has a pretty crappy screen resolution.

I have been 3 and 4 tabling on Battlefield using the mini-view, which I really like. I have been using Gametime+ instead of PAHUD, which does work fine with the prima miniview. The only stats that I miss from PAHUD are the Cbet/fold to a Cbet numbers, which GT+ doesn't have. I have been getting on OK without it.

RakebackFAQ said...

You can mess around with the screen resolution to see if that helps. I to could only 2 table on prima if you put 3 up it just gets to messy.

About absolute i had an account there about a year ago and made a new 1 just recently through rakereduction and put in a password which i thought was 1 thing but it didnt work. Then i emailed support and told them my problems they are really slow to reply.

I got sick of waiting for a reply so i made another account on my sisters computer( it wouldnt let me do 1 on my computer ) i emailed support again and told them i made a new account new name etc and asked them to shut the other 1 they did and iam happily playing there with rakeback so if i was you id try and sign up if you cant on your computer use another 1.

Enjoy your break and best of luck.

Marc said...

Hope the birthday bashing was fun for you! I'm on the other side of 40 (barely), and it's not so bad, but you're right, it's a bit harder to recover :). I'm not going to be able to help much with site dilemma, but I can tell you that you don't need to worry about running into too many CR members at Full Tilt or Stars, at the lower stakes. Yes, there are some tough players even at the lower stakes, but there are a lot of games, so you can avoid them pretty much, I think. Anyway, my choices are a bit limited being a U.S. resident.

On a different note, please email me (pokerrow at gmail). You, pkr_brat, and grinder all expressed interest in a study group, so I wanted to continue the conversation in a group email to work out logistics, format, etc. Thanks!