Sunday 16 September 2007

Back In The Swing of Things

I started back on the Cash Game Grind yesterday played about 900 hands and ended up down 1 buy in. I didn't really have any cards for most of the time I played but was generally pleased with the way I played and the patience and discipline I showed in not forcing anything.

Here's a few hands I've played which are of interest: -

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1487081

I'd only got a few hands with the other player in this hand and he hadn't stepped out of line at this point or done anything unusual. I have two issues with this hand: -

Firstly on the flop do you do as I did and call his min re raise or do you 3-bet him here.

Secondly on the turn because of the flush possibilities, I check raised him all in which I think may have been a -ve move as I think I could possibly have got all his chips. Does any one play the turn any differently?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1487095

On this hand I think I got away with the minimum as it played out, the River Card wasn't really the greatest for me and to say I played it badly would be an understatement. The other player is at 33.6/6.1 over a small sample.

I think I could possibly have raised on the flop but the board was horrible for my hand. If he'd bet more I think I'd have folded.

I decided to make a play on the turn to try and take it down there and then. However I think I probably should have bet more to do so.

Finally on the River I felt I had to call even though the Straight was obvious but in hindsight I think folding would have been the better move.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1487106

On this final hand, I decided to fold to a raise and reraise preflop with AK. The reason I did this was because the initial raisor was playing 14.79/14.79 and I felt he had a strong hand. The other player was playing 50.74/20.1 and if he'd have been the only other player in the hand I would not have released it at this stage. It was the existence of the initial raisor that put me off. Should I have at least seen the flop?

I seem to be doing ok in MTT's at the moment, cashing in a $10 Deep Stack MTT on Stars last night and I also finished 12th out of 484 using my FPP's in a qualifier for tonight's WCOOP event where 4 people got seats.

Its my parents Ruby Wedding Anniversary today so I'm not sure whether I'll get any chance to play it will depend on the Alcohol Consumption.

1 comment:

RakebackFAQ said...

Good to have you back. About Idle miner go to the site they work for a few sites FTP absoulte and party its a great tool plus i wouldnt worry to much about the chreating at absolute its all about 3 high stakes players spent ages going through it all yesterday.

Hand 1:
I would of called his flop bet just like you did i think you over bet the turn big time 11$ would of done the same thing i would of raised here just like you did but not allin.

Hand 2:
This is a horrible flop id of played it completly diffrent id of raised his flop bet to 2.5 or 3$ and work from there looking at his hand i think he would of called having the stat fold to turn bet showing can help with c betting the turn weather you should or shouldnt. Id of called that river but not happy doing it.

Hand 3:
I would of called the 3.50 raise for sure sometimes even raising player depending and try and hit the A. I wouldnt of called the reraise.

Best of luck with the rest of the month i woonder how this group will trun out.