Sunday 23 September 2007

September Progress

Its been a while since I made any comments on my progress so here goes.

September Progress To Date

Overall, things aren't too bad this month I'm showing a BB/100 hands of 0.99 hopefully I can get that over 1 and may be closer to 2 by the end of September. I've decided that this is going to be the measure of my progress from now on as I'm trying to get away from being results orientated.

As the following graph/tables show, I have been running at 15.51/14.45 with an overall aggression factor of 3.2 over just under 6,000 hands. This is lower than my usual number of hands but I took a week off where didn't play any poker whatsoever and I think that this did me alot of good: -





On the final table, I have also shown the hands which are the significant losing hands for me this month. The sample is probably too small, the Ax hands are mainly from c-betting where resistance has been met. I'm going to adjust my c-betting for this group of hands to remove this obvious leak from my game. The JJ loss resulted from one hand where I ran into KK and the board had no card higher than a 10. The AKS losses have also occurred from c-betting when I've missed the flop may be I'm being too aggressive with this hand.

Hopefully I can kick on from here and have a good finish to the month but I need to avoid the horror weeks I have had about this time in the past couple of months.

Ok thats it for now, my next post will be an in depth Poker Tracker Analysis of my game based on this 2+2 article: -

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4946669&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

Good luck at the tables.

Chris

2 comments:

DODGYKEN said...

Seems like a pretty positive post. Keep working on your game and the winrate will sort itself out.

RakebackFAQ said...

Nice post. Ive had a look at that link and my game seems ok i dont quite know what to make of it yet it seems iam having trouble heads up but ill have to figure out excatly what the numbers mean. Its a good post and a new way to look over sessions cheers for it.

Your stats seem fine your won $ at SD is quite high which is a good thing but the went to SD number is a bit high i think its supposed to be around 25% yours is almost 30 i think this indacates your calling down instead of raising. I could be wrong there but thats what i think it is.

You mentions yourself about c betting. The flop agg factor is quite high this is saying that your c betting no matter what and as you know its like burning money against some people. Having the fold to c bet stat showing can help with who to bt against and who not to aswell as the fold to turn bet can help with who to float/2nd barrell with. I dunno what site your playing or what set up you have iam pretty good with that pa hud and can do a set up for you if you want.
You seem to be having trouble with AK this should be 1 of your biggest winning hands. Maybe your betting into loose players and there calling you with crap. You have to adapt to who your plaing against yesterday there was a guy to my left who called my "normal" raises with just about any 2 cards so what i done was when i got a big hand ie. AK etc i bet 12 BBs PF and he was still calling now i know i can c bet about the same and hes folding most hands just paying me off 3$ at a time i think that could be your problem there. You seem to me to be betting to correct all the time just change it up when your against the fish it could stop you leaking money in these spots. Ill show you an example below of what i mean.

This is the 1st raise against the guy> (http://www.pokerhand.org/?1516018) after about 2 more of these i figured hed call me light alwyas so i raised normal with diffrent hands just to put him off like> (http://www.pokerhand.org/?1516032) i would of prefered a 4 to hit i think i would of stacked him but it looks like i had AJ maybe i bet to much on the river but it seemed to work then after a few more iffy calls i just bet big with my big hands nothing special but you see he pays me off again and again >(http://www.pokerhand.org/?1516047). That was that just an example of how i change thing PF against the diffrent players there not good players so you can be as blantent as you want with some there still going to call if hed of left id of went back to betting normal. I think ive said it to you loads you bet to normal PF and never change against poor players theres no need to do this IMO.
Long answer :)
Best of luck for the rest of the month