Saturday 24 November 2007

A few Hands and General Ramblings

So much for the regular updates. Was going to post about the embarrassment of an England Football Team but if those Over paid and over hyped prima donnas aren't prepared to put any effort in I don't see why I should waste my time posting about them.

I've not really played that much this week until yesterday which wasn't the greatest success in the world but things haven't been going too bad of late so can't complain too much.

Any way yesterday I played 1000 hands and lost 3 buy ins. For some reason I had trouble with players I normally have no problem with whether I am easy to read I'm not sure but it might be the case. I've been playing on the Crypto Network for some time now and there are alot of regulars on there. Think I might try a new site next month if I can find somewhere which will give me rakeback I will come back to Crypto because the bonuses and Rakeback are good but I need to take a break from there. I wanted to play alot more hands because I had the day off but in the end decided enough was enough. Any way here's some hands that did the damage some of which need no comment and are posted as a note to myself: -

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1733644

This was probably a bad read by me. I had just took a pot from him on another table when he pushed with an Underpair to the board on the flop. In this hand, I never even considered he might be playing a suited connector from utg and raising with it I had him on an overpair to the board. Obviously that will now come into my thinking with this player. His stats are 18.83/9.62 over 239 hands. That being said, flopped set against flopped straight not sure there's any getting away from this especially with my misread.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1733654

This hand and the next one are kind of similar in that the same player flopped a set against my premium hand and I was obviously in a charitable mood and decided to pay him off. I have to learn to fold AA/KK post flop otherwise I will never progress my game to the next level. On this hand I don't think I 3-bet enough on the flop not that he was going anywhere but with the nut flush draw coming on the turn I think the money was going in at some point. Is there any way I can get away from this. His stats are 21.33/11.9

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1733666

With this hand, I should have bet more on the flop but I think I should have learnt from the previous hand with this player and obviously didn't.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1733671

This hand was on an I-Poker skin and I basically decided to become a calling station for some reason. This should have been an easy fold by the turn and certainly on the river because I am not beating a great deal if anything and I knew that at the time but still decided to carry on calling. His stats are 35.94/10.94

On the hole I played badly yesterday and thought I'd stopped doing some of the things I was doing in the last three hands I have posted but slipped back into old habits.

I'm going to have a go at making a video over the weekend which should be enlightening.

4 comments:

mongoose said...

hand 1: i don't see how you can put him on that hand. excluding that particular holding, you've got his range crushed. including the 87, you're still ahead of him.

hand 2: that's a little rugged. would Govinator raise the flop with a flushDraw, or with something like AQ?

hand 3: i don't see a decision point where you're getting some information to show you you're behind.

hand 4: i don't know how to play hands like this. i'm always thinking that they're drawing to the flush, instead of already having it.

at least it wasn't even for a full buy-in.

Bazclef said...

Hand 1: Get your stack in every time. His range is huge, he could have 2pr, top pr, or even a draw. Easily getting your money in here.

Hand 2: You don't re-raise him big enough, and your re-raise commits you anyway. It's only costing him $6.40 more and if he hits you're stacking off. So you're giving him odds to hit here. You need to make it more, I'd probably just shove seeing as you're committed anyway. But that might be a too MTT style play. :)

When someone raises small on a flop like that I find they very often have a draw. So i'd want to re-raise them big anyway. If they make it a cute min-raise or just over min-raise sized bet it's a draw 60%+ of the time imo.

You've got no reason to fold AA/KK there, you just need to protect your hand.

Hand 3: This is fine.

Hand 4: These are tough to play OOP. I'd much rather not catch a piece on a 3-flush board there. :) Turn you need to lead to get information to see if you're good, or check/fold. The pot's too big to try to see a cheap showdown on the turn.

RakebackFAQ said...

Cant believe that yous made such hard work of that group i dunno what it is but that team is full of top players and should be in the top 4 of the world, I think Harry Rednapp is the man to get it done or Jose but i think we'll be getting him if Benitez goes... Could go on all day about the football!

Hand 1.
I think its an easy allin i would put him on an overpair in that spot too.

Hand 2
I think you should try to get allin on the flop here I agree about learning to fold these hands but i dont think this is a spot to do it he could have any number of draws here or a big pair, tptk hand i think its best to just put it in.

Hand 3
I think you should 3bet more against full stack player to not let them setmine on you or if they do there making a mistake which is +ev overtime, its only 2.50 for him to enter the pot so its an easy call here. I dont mind the smallish bet on the flop because your way ahead of his range here if you hada bet more PF you woulda been able to bet big on the flop.

I dont think you can do much here i would of pushed his big bet on the turn.

I think you play very long sessions Chris if i 4 tabled for an hour and a half i would get close to 500 hands in i think you should try out some shorter ones to see how they work out your probably playing to long and becoming bored puls your probably browsing and using im's which means your not concentrating 100% all of which leads to messy play.

Best of luck

Marc said...

Hand 1: no way to get away from this.

Hand 2: i have a hard time folding here. perhaps i need to learn when to get away, but i wouldn't here. however, i don't like the size of your 3-bet. just push. or just call, and re-evaluate on the turn (if he's on diamonds, you have a re-draw).

Hand 3: i'm ok to play for stacks here, but i would check the turn behind to an aggressive player for pot control and to try inducing a river bluff. but i'm not going anywhere.

Hand 4: lead the turn. check/call lets him play perfect poker. this is pretty tough to get away from, as well.

Sounds like you just ran into a large string of coming up with 2nd best hands. Sucks for sure, but it's going to happen. Hang in there, and good luck.