Tuesday 27 November 2007

Starting to Get Annoyed

Just played for an hour or so and am starting to get seriously annoyed by my inability to win a hand. Lost 3 big hands which I've posted below. Other than these hands my biggest loss was $3 which was a c-bet called. There's no comments necessary I just need to vent my anger somewhere. 2 Outer's on the River, Sets running into flushes and Aces being cracked which I think is the only one of these I may have got away from but unlikely. Whats really annoying is that I'm not playing that badly but just am not getting anywhere and this month is a total disaster.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1746924


The other player has got similar stats to me and looking back I could possibly have put him on AK but it was looking more likely to me that he had KK/QQ. I've just run this through Poker Stove and when the money went in I'm an 82.323% favourite which is good enough odds for me. After the turn, this had turned to 90.91%.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1746947

I think I could maybe have read him for a set here especially as the board was totally unthreatening but maybe I'm clutching at straws. He's playing 26.47/10.86

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1746964

I kind of knew he had the flush on the turn here and this is possibly where I could have layed this down but for me this is a tough spot as I'm never too sure what to do in these situations. I hadn't been at the table for long at this point and had no reads.

Sorry for all the negative posting lately hopefully things turn around soon. I've got three days to gain a bonus after that I'm taking a break for a few days.

5 comments:

mongoose said...

hand 1: pisser

hand 2: i'm thinking that if Slougi94 had any money left, the minRaise by TopDollar would indicate a ton of strength. with stacks as they are, it didn't have the same effect.

hand 3: check the turn, pay him off less on the river. if he overbets the pot, you can fold and curse, or make a hero call but still not lose as much.

Marc said...

Venting about coolers and beats is a legitimate use for a blog, I think ;). Man, something must be going around this week, though. G/L getting that bonus cleared, and then yeah, enjoy a little break until your head clears.

Anonymous said...

hand 1 : standard

hand 2: top dollar is showing a ton of strength min raising on this dry board w/ one player already all in...what are you hoping to accomplish by raising to 12? to find out if you're good? well, he comes back over the top and at that point I'd assume im drawing to two outs because two pair seems unlikely on this board. so at that point, you can just pitch it.

a better alternative might have been to raise slouigi's all in to 6, and fold if Top comes over the top. If he smooth calls you, it makes the hand much tougher to play on the turn. You can bet half pot and then fold to re-raise but I think that's kinda silly too. Maybe you're play on the flop isn't bad after all? But you can't really expect a worse hand to call your raise or a better one to fold. Tough spot, would like to know how others play it.

hand 3: def check behind on turn for pot control, and call a decent bet on river. fold to push obv. as played, you're getting...about 4-1 on the call and you feel he's got the flush you still have to pay him off because you're close to a 3.5/1 dog against a flush (throw in an overpair with high flush draw and you're about break-even i think)

RakebackFAQ said...

Hand 1
Very UL

hand 2
I dunno if you can get away from this i think the right thing to do is raise top doller but to what, youve bet 12 leaving 13 behind if you bet 10 its still a call because you have 15 behind and his bet is 15 more so really tough spot i wouldnt be able to fold it here.

hand 3
I think you have to raise alot stronger on the flop its only 3.25 more for him. If he calls i think its a check behind and call a bet on the river i dunno about calling an allin tho.

I know your trying to play very correct i think you should be betting more PF especially against loose players every one says 4bb+ 1 per limper but it simply dosent work on our euro sites like it does for ftp. Just an idea.
All the best

losbert said...

Thanks for the comments.

Having looked back at a couple of the hands when I'm not so mad I probably could have played them a bit better.