Saturday 29 December 2007

General Update

Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

I was down at my parents for 4 days and didn't even have a PC to look at. the break did me a world of good. Not sure about all the food and drink though. The usual January health kick is looming fast.

Played a bit of poker since I've been back and have started mixing in a 50NL table into my play. I'm not going to make the jump permanently to NL probably until February just want to test myself a bit and see how I go.

There's a couple of forum links below about moving up in stakes - one I posted and another one posted by Verneer which as usual is a quality post from him. I'll be taking on board some of what he says. Most things I already do but the other's such as playing some HU is something I'll consider doing. Need to watch some HU video's 1st though as never really played any: -

http://www.cardrunners.com/members/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=228420&page=1#Post228420

http://www.cardrunners.com/members/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=228626&page=0#Post228626

One thing I did manage to do whilst I was off was read most of Professional No Limit Holdem. There are some interesting concepts in there which I need to look into further but the book was impressive.

3 comments:

grinder said...

thanks for the comments chris . there pretty much what martin said so that must be a pretty good thing for you ,

RakebackFAQ said...

Cheers for the links i missed that one from Verneer another 1 to save!

I dont think you have anything to worry about with moving up the only diffrence is the money people have. After a couple of 100 hands i think you'll be fine.

Happy New Year

Marc said...

Glad you're having a good holiday :). Yep, great thoughts by Verneer. Professional No Limit was a good book, but hopefully they'll do a volume 2 quickly, as a lot of the SPR content was hard to apply to the typical 6 max online game. But the reasons why in that book are pretty cool. Another one to check out if you like that book is No Limit Hold'em Theory and Practice. Ed Miller, one of the PNL co-authors, helped with it, but the lead author is David Sklansky.

Happy New Year, talk to you in 2008.