Monday 14 January 2008

A Couple of Useful Links

I've found these blog posts over the past couple of days both of which I think are useful and helpful.

This first post is from Sir Neb and is a post about putting people on hand ranges. This is an area where I know I'm weak so any pieces of advice on this topic are always welcome

http://sirnebsblog.blogspot.com/2008/01/hand-ranges.html

The next post is from Verneer's blog earlier today and is in connection with classifying the level of coaching you require to improve: -

http://www.cardrunners.com/members/index.php?option=com_mamblog&Itemid=29&task=show&action=view&id=8666&Itemid=29

I am seriously thinking about getting some form of coaching next month using this month's Rake Back to pay for it. Hopefully I will get about $100 for the month which may get me 2 lessons but definitely 1.

I would class myself as a level B player at the moment, as the Turn and River are definitely where I lose most of my money.

I've been playing break even poker over the past week or so. Got myself a solid base to build on for the rest of the month. Hopefully avoiding the stupid few days I seem to have every month.

I'm a bit behind on commenting on other people's blog particularly group one's so need to catch up on those over the next couple of days.

Every Monday night for the next 3 months, I should be doing a Sports Quiz which is run on a League basis. Each team sets the quiz once during the period the quiz runs for. We set our's last week which was a bonus as we got it out the way. Unfortunately the team that should have set the quiz tonight didn't turn up for some reason.

3 comments:

grinder said...

Hi Chris

for sure both sir nebs blog and verneers are a must

i like the coaching post by verneer

i was thinking of getting johny or ryan to maybe sweat , i think johny has coaching experience

grinder said...

no probs chris

i think it will be next week though

i let you know what i get set up

RakebackFAQ said...

Good session tonight i think you booked a win right? I like nebs blog he was like us before he got pick for the pay it foward thing with Hookem and now hes near 1000nl i think always has some great stuff. Check this interview out it the guy in the vid iam talking about. http://www.cardplayer.com/tv/29878

Ill share it when i get it.

All the nest