Tuesday 29 January 2008

Slipping Back Into Bad Habits

Things have took a bit of a downward turn over the past few days, and I have started doing things that I thought I had irradicated from my game i.e. Making Stupid Calls when I know I'm behind and also playing tired.

Up until Christmas I was mainly playing on Sun Poker which is a Crypto Site and was struggling. Since then, I've been playing on Full Tilt with a fair amount of success. However, the Rake Back and Bonuses on Sun are pretty good so I decided to play there over the weekend and managed to lose 3 buy ins through 1 loose call when I was behind and another couple of poor plays which I shouldn't have made. As a result of this I have withdrawn my money from there and am not going back for a while. I'm annoyed at myself for even going back to play there.

Work's a bit chaotic at the moment it always is at month end - an occupational hazard for Accounting jobs, made the mistake this evening of playing when tired. Something else I thought I stopped doing.

Not sure if I'll be able to play for the rest of the month, it might be a good idea to take a break for a few days any way and read Elements of Poker which arrived yesterday and recharge the batteries.

2 comments:

mongoose said...

bummer to see you've hit a hiccup.

let us know how the book is!

RakebackFAQ said...

Iam sure its just a laps! You seem to be doing alright on FTP. Couple of days off could do the world of good.

Good luck