Thursday 18 October 2007

A Backward Step

I'm currently in the middle of what is an all to regular downward run which has seen me lose 6 buy ins over the past week. And the month had a good start to it as well.

I'm happy with my game at the moment and know that there's a couple of things I need to eradicate as there major leaks - Over valuing Top Pair and also Making really stupid calls on the River when I know I'm behind or even worse than that reraising.

Anyway here's a few of the hands that have caused my downswing: -

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1601585

One scenario that seems to be happening to me at the moment is that I am constantly being minimum reraised by a number of different players as this hand shows. Should I have folded this on the flop to the check raise which I am inclined to think now or was I basically done for when the King came down on the flop. The other player is playing at 17.44/10.82 and I knew he had a strong hand.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1601605

This guy was constantly min raising me and a read I spotted later on him was that any Pocket Pair he will min raise. I posted another hand with the same player in the CR Forum a couple of days ago as I played back at him after being min raised for the 900th time that session. He's playing at 48.67/12.55.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1601619

Finally this is probably won of the worse turn bets that has been made in the history of Poker. This is check fold all the way having been called on the flop. He's 21.59/12.5.

There are another couple of hands which are total coolers and I'm not going to bother posting these.

Any way I have the day off tomorrow so hopefully I will be able to get a decent amount of hands in.

3 comments:

DODGYKEN said...

Just keep working on the game and thinking through/reviewing hands and you'll start feeling mroe confident with these top pair and overpair hands. They can be the trickiest to play.

RakebackFAQ said...

Iam in 1 myself at the moment m8 i got so mad yesterday i took my money off absolute. Today reversed it tho after i had time to think.

Hand 1:
I can totally understand why you went in here and theres * all you can do if he has em.

Hand 2:
I think this 1 is a little diffrent than the other playing that guy you should be 4 betting and more than not he will push over you and you can get away. If he just calls well ul but they will push alot. A bet of 7ish would of done the job.

Hand 3:
Dont think you could of done anything diffrent on this 1 just ul.

Chris if you go to filters in PT and click pairs then see how much money they win for you it will show that your doing the right thing with them and these are just miner blips to where the most profit is.

On a diffrent note i found mods for battlefield it makes the screen black plus theres some card 1s to, i just use the normal cards cause iam coloured blind but there are some cool 1s. The link is below and if you cant figure it mail me and ill tell you how to do it.

All the best.
Willie

RakebackFAQ said...

forgot the links! >
USE THE BLACK TABLE READ THE WHOLE POST FIRST. YOU SAVE THE PICTURE AS .BMP THEN CHANGE THE NAME.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6346049&page=0&fpart=4&vc=1

THESE ARE THE CARDS THERE READY TO GO.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=11047733&page=0&fpart=3&vc=1