Sunday 21 October 2007

Who Needs Consistency?

Well I do, I just can't seem to string a decent run of sessions together. One day good the next not so good. At times I can't help thinking I don't make life easy for my self: -

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1610807


I think I could/should have got away from this hand on the flop to the all in re raise. I think its pretty obvious he had a set. He's playing 48.33/30.09.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1610814

This player was playing at 63.45/0.00 and was just annoying as he was such a bad player but I kept donating to him trying to bust him. I got guilty here of playing the player as opposed to the situation. The issue I have with this hand is my regular problem of calling river bets when behind. Will I ever learn!!!!

http://www.pokerhand.org/?161082

This guy bought in short and I basically felt he was playing with filth trying to double up. I have no stats on him as he'd only been at the table a few minutes but was in every hand. I think I have to wait for a better opportunity here as I also have nothing here post flop.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1610829


Ok here I think I have to bet out the turn and fold the river with a paired board and a possible straight draw. He's at 23.36/14.58.

Overall, I don't think I am playing that badly and know the area's I need to improve as these are where I am losing most of my money. If I can sort these out I think I will see a marked improvement in my results not that I'm results orientated I just want to improve my bankroll and I'm just treading water at the moment

  • Overvaluing Top Pair
  • Overvaluing Premium Hands Post Flop at the end of the day there only 1 pair
  • Stop making hero River Calls when I'm pretty sure I'm behind - I act too quickly and need to take my time a bit more
  • My vpip is still too low but I think I have more pressing issues at the moment
I'm going to have to come up with some personal guidelines to help me with the top three so that I can get myself into a routine and eradicate these leaks from my game sooner rather than later.

1 comment:

RakebackFAQ said...

Hand 1:
This is ul but you got a tell on this guy from it you should put in youtr notes that min raises mean straingth . And go with this till he shows you otherwise.

Hand 2:
I think you explained excatly what your problem is. Personally i get like this to but what we should be doing is tightin up against these players and start showing hands.

Hand 3:
I think your line is fine here he just got really lucky. Hes calling almost 1/2 of his stack with that crap he wont have his $ long.

Hand 4:
I agree with your explaination here.

All in all you sound like your in a bit of a rut maybe a change of game for a bit will get you playing better. Ive been the same i cannot win at holdem so i switched to omaha and its been going well.
Best of luck