Saturday 13 October 2007

General Ramblings

I'm on a bit of a downswing this week. Nothing too serious but am down a couple of buy ins although I'm still showing a slight profit for the month.

Most of the damage was caused when by full house 8's over K's ran into quad K's. The money went in on the flop when we both hit a set. Nothing you can do there.

Here's another couple of hands that have caused me a few problems where I have flopped top pair : -

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1582599

The other player here was playing at 58.33/20.83 but only over 48 hands but not really too much to go on.

With this being 4 handed I decided to open raise utg hoping to steal the blinds. Not against someone with those stats. Its the flop where I have a problem with how I played this. Is the reraise ok here or would you have flat called with Top Pair. Having then been 3-bet to my raise I think I should have folded then instead of calling.

On the turn, even though I picked up the flush draw, I had no option but to fold.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1582625

In contrast to the previous hand, the other player here is playing 13.66/6.05 (there is someone tighter than me!) which should have told me everything I need to know.

Should I have folded to the bet on the flop here. He obviously had something pretty strong. Also, I know the turn play is horrible and I should have check folded.

Group Sessions

As has been alluded to in other blogs, there's a few of us who are holding Group sessions currently running at 1 a week although I think we may be able to expand this may be not involving all of us in the group but with 2/3 of us holding sweat sessions.

I have found the sessions invaluable as it has shown me a couple of obvious leaks in my game i.e checking the flop continuosly with decent hands which I didn't realise I was doing and also I am playing far too quickly. Hopefully over the coming weeks this will help us all.

English Sport Fest

Being a massive sports fan today is a great day to sit in front of the TV with a beer or 2 as all three of the main English National Teams are in action. With the cricketer's already winning the series in Sri Lanka looking to end it in style and the Footballer's in a must win game against Estonia before the vital game against Russia on Wednesday afternoon. However, these are just the hors deuve before the big game later tonight when the Rugby Team play the World Cup Semi Final in Paris against the French. Having been written off earlier in the tournament in defence of the title they won 4 years ago, they caused a huge upset last week in beating a complacen Aussie's who thought they just had to turn up too beat us. We now have every chance of being the first team to defend the title. Rugby s usually a distant second to me to football but not today.

2 comments:

RakebackFAQ said...

Hand 1 910s:
This is a tough spot the only thing i can see some1 do this with is 9 8 or a set i think you have to call once he min raises he he would of 3 bet properly i think you can get away from it but all in all i think you played fine.

Hand 2 A8:
Givin how tight this guy is i think its an ok play. I would of checked the turn to see what he does he bet pretty strong on the flop and would likely follow through on the turn. I think betting 5 there is wrong. The call is fine tho.

I think the group thing were having is working well iam impressed with how peter thinks during the play i think we all differ in some ways and as time goes by it;ll only be good for us all.

Your lucky you dont support Ireland we thought we had a good chance in the rubgy but never stared to play. C the irish always do things backwords they gave the coach a 4 year contract before the rubgy world cup which was dumb and the football managment was supposed to be world class Steve Stuaton and Bobby Robson??? Everybody here thinks its a joke. I was suprised to see England get this far but i cant see anyone beating South Africa. But best of luck to yaz iam looking foward to the match myself.

RakebackFAQ said...

Well done in the rubgy m8 very very good win.