Saturday 6 October 2007

Not Much Poker This Week

I've not really had much time to play this week for one reason and another. But I'm hoping to put that right over the weekend and get a fair few hands in.

One thing that has happened is that there's a few of us on here who have set up a Study Group to go through hands etc. I ended up as the person being watched this week and it really brought home a few things I didn't realise I was doing.

I am increasing the amount of analysis I am doing both on my game and more importantly at the moment I think on people I have logged alot of hands against. I would rather play fewer hands but of a higher quality than play loads of hands without learning anything.

4 comments:

RakebackFAQ said...

1 thing i noticed that you do from that session we had but i never mentioned it was checking the flop and betting the turn. I think this happens beacuse you dont stop and think i mean you do it almost instantly (i think)

The new CR forum seems to better than the old 1 you get more answers than you did before. I think posting anything on your mind is a good thing.
Best of luck.

losbert said...

Cheers that's exactly what I spotted also.

I have to slow down a bit.

I agree with you 100% about the new CR Forum. I'm posting alot more in there and getting more replies.

DODGYKEN said...

It's great that you guys are starting up a study group. Please try and keep up with it and put your efforts into it. Ours has been a brillaint resource through good and bad spells, and discussing hands with other poker players that play your limits is an unbelievably good way to develop.

Good luck guys!

Bazclef said...

Sweet blogs, I need to get into this whole study group lark. Looks like it's really +EV! Linked because u guys motivate me to play more hands! Mad grinding!