Tuesday 21 August 2007

Back in Control

I played around 700 hands this evening and it was a better session which ended with a slight profit.

I didn't let myself get into too many dodgy situations. It sometimes helps being card dead and managed to escape from most awkward situations. I need to re read the UF2B C-Betting posts because I got a bit carried away with my C-Betting tonight.

Only a couple of hands of real interest: -

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1396226


This hand with TP and A Flush draw I think I escaped with the minimum here mainly due to the draw heavy board. I never put him on a set, and thought he was drawing. I've played him a fair bit lately and am having a few problems with him at the moment post flop as he is reraising alot so I have slowed down a bit against him. He is playing at 31.87/17.03.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1396255

No comments are necessary here this is a bit of indulgence, if only the game was always this easy!

4 comments:

DODGYKEN said...

I haven't looked at results yet. I like your play on hand 1. He could definitely have you beat on the turn on a board like that, but you don't want to be folding with the 2nd nut flush draw and an overpair after you've checked to him. Nice of him to check the river and not make you make a hard decision.

After results - VERY nice of him to check the river and not make you make a hard decision.

Forest haven't let in a goal yet - how can you begin to mock us?!

Marc said...

This is a really tough spot...I'm not sure about this, but if you plan to call a bet, would it be better to put out a smallish bet on the turn? It exposes you to being raised off the best hand some amount of the time, but I think you could comfortably fold if raised big, and if not you are probably getting good value on such a draw-heavy board. If he had bet, say, $7 on the river, what would you have done?

losbert said...

I was going to fold to any bet that he made on the river. It just wasn't worth the risk.

Its hands like this won where strong bets are made on the river I am in the habit of calling or even re raising which is worse.

Ken you may not have conceded any goals yet but you don't appear to have scored any yet either.

robracing said...

I think that I might have led the turn for 1/2 the pot, to see where I was at. You want to see the river as cheaply as you can here, as you could easily be behind, but you are drawing to the 2nd nut flush.

You have had a tough week by the sounds of it. I have also really struggled the past 10 days or so, so I have dropped down a level to regain some confidence and get back into the winning habit.