Tuesday 14 August 2007

Bad Start to The Week

What a difference a day makes, played just over 1,000 hands ending up down by a couple of buy ins. May be I played a bit too loose for me I don't know as my VPIP for the day was at 18.95. I didn't believe it either. These three hands were the one's that did the real damage, the first one I played badly and the other two I think that I got myself into a couple of awkward situations where may be I could have got away from them but I think its probably unlikely.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1368562

I think I made a mistake here on the flop in Reraising All In with my overpair. He was playing at 42.77/5.66 and made a comment in the chat box after the hand about people getting heavily involved with only 1 pair which I think is pretty good advice and something I need to take on board.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1368528

On this hand I should have bet more on the flop but with the Over Card on there I wanted to find out where I was without risking to much and exercising a bit of Pot Control. If he'd have reraised then I would have folded. The turn was just a horrible card for me and at this point not sure I could have got away from the hand. He was at 28.07/19.3.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1368543

Having hit the set on the Flop but with the possible flush draw, maybe I should have set him all in at this point although I don't think he was going anywhere. Could I have checked at this point but even if I had done I would have reraised him all in.

Another situation occurred on another table in that I had someone to my right luckily so I didn't really get involved with him who was playing at 62.96/53.70 and was constantly Raising and Reraising on all streets. I wanted to play back at him but never had a good enough hand to do so. How do you play against players like this. I probably should have left earlier than I did. I would have done if he was on my left.

3 comments:

robracing said...

Hand 1 :

Villains PT stats hardly qualify him to be issuing advice!

WTF was he doing calling a raise with J9o preflop anyway?!

You are right to say that you should have just called the flop raise, but then I would have thought that the money was going to go in on the turn anyway.

I would find it tough to get away from this hand against a fish like this. The flush came too late to save you.

Hand 2 :

As you say, you could have bet closer to pot on the flop, but it is difficult to pull the trigger on a full pot bet, when you are against two villains, and there is an threatening looking overcard on the board. You were cooler'ed here, and destined to lose your money.

Hand 3 :

There is a theme developing here with my comments, but again I think you did fine here. You are working with the glorious benefit of hindsight to suggest that you should set him allin on the flop. What if he has something like KQ or QJ? You want to keep these type of hands around to get paid off.

Regarding your comment about playing against a maniac, you need to be sitting to his left, as you say. Where he lets you in cheap, you need to see flops with hands that can flop monsters, like pocket pairs and suited connectors.

If you are always facing a raise, then make sure you reraise you monster hands, and throw away the rest.

The game is certain to be a higher variance affair, with these guys at the table, but should ultimately be extremely profitable. I highly doubt that even Phil Ivey could play 65/55 and make money. They are just getting their money in with far too many crappy hands.

RakebackFAQ said...

Hand 1)
What Rob said but again your being to percise with your PFR, his vpip is to much on your pa hud look for the stat call pre flop raise and make it visable that way you will know who plays in raised pots you can then bet more much more with your big hands if 1 of these guys has limped and put a bit of pressure on them. 80c is not much to these guys they hope to hit just like that hand shows.

Hand 2)
Nice hand you were just very ul there i think you played it well you would have to put him on AJ or KK to fol there may times they will have AK.

Hand 3)
I think you can bet more on the flop , its tough to get away from this hand beacuse hes a short stack but your a big favorite here you have as many outs as he has to make an even better hand. You should never be afraid of the flush on the flop if you have a monster if you can get it in over time it'll be + but sucks when they hit.

I know what you mean about these players i had 1 to my left tonight but he was 80/6 but called every PFR and i never hit a thing. Its so fustrating to play these guys but when your hitting hands they will pay you.

Best of luck and cheers for the comments.

grinder said...

Hand 1

Villains call is pretty poor , sadly for you though i think the money was going in at some point

Hand 2

As rob says it s a tough call to cbet two villains . Harder at these levels where it doesnt cost so much to call too . I think

So again i think you are going to find it difficuult to get away form this hand .

Hand 3

Im not sure what to say here . Again this is the tough spot

These are 3 hands that im not sure you could have got away from . Maybe if you were very cautious , but i know youre trying to expand your range

What stats do you use on your pahud . As your gane developes the software you use becomes more and more important for your game