Wednesday 29 August 2007

Perspective

I'm going to go off on a bit of a tangent here before talking poker but I think this is important.

As you may or may not be aware, I am a big Football Fan, and support Leicester City. There was an incident last night in a cup game between Leicester and Nottingham Forest (Martin AKA DodyKen's team) where one of our players - Clive Clarke collapsed at half time and his heart stopped twice. If it wasn't for the quick response of the medical teams then he would no longer be with us. Its looking like he's doing ok today which is good news. This is the third incident of its kind in the past week but tragically the other two players - a 16 year old from Walsall and a 22 year old Spanish International passed away.

The point I want to make about this is that it puts everything in perspective and bad beats or bad spells playing poker are largely irrelevant and should be treated on there merits instead of thinking the "World is About To End" because we've had a few losing days in a row.

Back To Poker

Thanks for the comments after my last post. the last couple of days have gone ok especially today. In response to one of those comments, I'll post my top ten losing hands over the past couple of months tomorrow. I'll jump on the bandwagon and set up separate blog for these hands and hopefully it will isolate a few things or even just one thing I may not even realise I'm doing.

Chris

No comments: