Friday 3 August 2007

Early Results For August

I've played 875 hands so far this month at 15.09/13.26 which is closer to where I want to be from a VPIP point of view. I lost over a buy in on Wednesday night mainly due to one hand where I had an over pair to the board and got sucked in. Apart from that there's not been too much of interest going on. This is the hand where I lost the money. I should have considered the action pre flop and folded on the flop. I didn't believe him as he had been constantly re raising me whenever I'd raised and I thought he was trying it on.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1330269

Any way I'm off work the week after next and there should be nothing to stop me getting a few more hands in this month apart from the start of the Football Season next week and the English Summer - if we ever get one!!!!

Chris

6 comments:

RakebackFAQ said...

Cant wait for next saturday I miss it so much!

The hand) he seems pretty commited to this on the turn but and you could fold here i think his raising you all the time has led you to this. You gotta not let there raising bother you but i have to say in that position i would probably call.
Result UL.

Gregory Lynn said...

This is one of those hands that I think plays completely differently at 25NL than at say 100NL. You have an overpair but a fairly mediocre one and this is a tough position to be in especially in a pot that was three bet preflop because a huge portion of the average small stakes NLers three betting range is going to be overpairs to your nines.

If he's going to call you with a lesser hand than 99 then he's also going to do it when you have something like KK or QQ and can be more confident of being ahead.

Then again, maybe I have a warped view of 25NL. My view is that it's something to be endured until you can get to higher levels where there is a decent portion of the player base that actually thinks about what they are doing. I don't think you learn much at 25NL just because your opponents aren't making you learn new ways to beat them.

DODGYKEN said...

I think calling the flop is reasonable here, but then I fold to his turn bet. You could also fold to the flop bet if he's a tight player.

I wish the football break was longer - I'm a Forest fan and cannot stand anymore disappointment! I actually think we'll win our league this season - so anything less won't be good enough! Who's your team?

losbert said...

Thanks guys I could and should have got away from this hand very easily.

I know what you mean about enduring any more disappointment Ken, I'm a Leicester fan and we've had 5 pretty awful seasons in a row and I can't see any thing different happening this year. I thought Forest would come up last year. In view of the local rivallry at least we'll both be able to laugh at Derby hopelessly out of there depth in the Premier League.

DODGYKEN said...

Very true! Most of my friends are Derby fans and they've been giving it all that. I can't wait until I get to watch them getting stuffed on MOTD each week!

grinder said...

ah well im gald you all have something to look forward too
being a long time leeds fan imnot sure im looking forward to this year !!