Sunday 29 July 2007

Bad Session - Always at Weekends

Firstly a bit of housekeeping, the first hand on my last post was linked to someone else's hand and nothing to do with me. I have now changed this, sorry about that.

I had a bad day yesterday losing $110 which now means that July has turned from being a break even month to a losing month because I don't think I will be able to get that back. I played 700 hands and wanted to play alot more but I'd had enough at that point and was starting to tilt a bit.

The damage was basically done over two hands one of which I made a mistake in not pushing pre flop and the other one I don't think I could do any thing about: -

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1311345

I'd only just sat down at the table when this happened and had no reads. I'm not sure if there's any thing I could have done to avoid this situation, how many people could have put him on his holding in what I thought was almost the perfect flop for me.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1311347


On this hand, I think I made a mistake here by not pushing pre flop after the reraise because I thing he may have folded. He was at 28.85/20 .0 and had made the money before I sat down. May be I should have moved tables because of the high chip stack to my left I usually do but on this occasion I didn't.

This is probably coincidence but I always seem to get good results during the week and at weekends I seem to undo the good work and have heavy losses. This is something that seems to have been going on for a while and is purely variance but its starting to get to me. I think I'm going to stop playing cash games for a bit at the weekend.

3 comments:

robracing said...

Hand 1 :

On this hand and the following one, you need to be open raising to $2.50 or $3 to allow for the limper in front of you.

This is really a horrific play by the villain! He is incredibly lucky that you held one of the very few hands that would pay him off here.

You were destined to be stacked here.

Hand 2 :

Very aggro 3bet here by the villain OTB. As you say, the best way to have protected your hand was to 4bet push, but I don't blame you for thinking that the maniac could be drawing, and so only calling.

A couple of heavy beats like these can really put you on the back foot and dent your confidence!

I find that the play at the weekends, especially late night/early morning can be somewhat more wild, due to the fact that many peeople are playing drunk. This obviously increases the variance signficantly.

RakebackFAQ said...

Hand 1) is pretty bad you just know he has 66 before you look at the result. Theres not much you can do about that i think you have to be able to see his cards before youd fold.

And rob is right 4bb standerd +1bb per limper. But as i get into the game i bet bigger depending on my opponent.

Hand 2) Ill push here PF to not get away from it. His big RR says he likes his hand alot of the time your agains QQ AQ and AK and sometimes AA. How its played i dont mind getting in there. Result ouch! No way of knowing he had that UL.

The weekend thing your talking about is your running into people there to have fun that dont usually play.Some are drunk others are just messing it can be good to play these guys but also bad for EG. early saturday morning its late in the US and alot of the guys are drunk. You were just UL here but keep your head up other days you take these down. The key is being properly bankrolled for your limits, like i said in mine id be broke if i was playing 100 instead of 50.

Gregory Lynn said...

First, I agree with robracing about the preflop bet sizing' bump it up another bb for limpers.

1) The open push of 48 into a pot of 6 is so effing retarded I don't blame you for calling.

2) You gotta put in that extra bet with KK.