Sunday 15 July 2007

Contrasting Fortunes

Over the past couple of days I have had mixed fortunes. On Friday I thought I played some of my best poker for some time although I didn't end up with a large profit for the day I was still very happy with the way I played. There were no real tight spots that I put myself in and not really any interesting hands other than this one: -

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1265109

My feelings here having looked back at the hand a couple of days later are that I should have bet out on the turn instead of checking and possibly raising on the river as I had no idea where I was in the hand especially as both player's were very loose. The player who won the hand was at 68.37/20.41 and the other player was at 71.6/14.81.

Yesterday was hard going and I ended up having problems in a few hands. Over the past week or so, there has been a recurring theme in my play in that I seem to be losing sizeable pots to straights which in some occassions are very easy to spot. This next hand is an example of this, the King on the turn gave me two pair and the other player a straight. I tend to act quite quickly and need to slow down and take my time a bit more. He was at 62.5/12.5: -

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1265121

Sometimes there is nothing you can do. I have no idea what he was doing in the hand out of position and I was a 95% favourite when the money went in. Reraising All in on the flop with middle pair. Not a play I would have made: -

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1265130

This final hand I think I made a good laydown. I had only just started playing at the table and had no reads or stats on any of the player's at this point. Having got reraised on the flop and with a draw heavy and paired board, I felt that my money could be put to better use elsewhere: -
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1265138

1 comment:

RakebackFAQ said...

AK HAND) i think your not aggrasive enough preflop , with these guys and them stats you need to make them pay Bet bigger and try to get heads up. On the flop your betting to small to there getting great odds for a flush draw especially taking your stack into account, and the min raise on the river you gotta call the pot is 21 and its 3$ to call you have to look that up imo. Betting bigger preflop will stop this kind of thing make it 2.25$ try get it heads up and bet 3/4 - the pot on the flop!

QQ HAND) yes good laydown , but again most people are going to look you for 75c more, Try to be more aggrasive with your good hands preflop norrow the field.

QKs HAND) this is a bad play by him , they will pay you off here alot of the time with QJ AQ AK 10 9 would worry me but him calling says he is drawing, just ul hes making a mistake calling 2.25.

AA HAND) Its fustrating when people do stuff like this but you should be happy that there paying you off there, but i would be much more aggrasive PF with AA . You should be taking notes on this guy when he does that and dont bitch at them be nice there the guys you want to be playing.