Tuesday 3 July 2007

Comments on Play 03rd July

I didn't play yesterday as went to a 20/20 Cricket Match straight after work which got rained off so went to the pub instead.

Played ok today and showed a profit over just under 300 hands. Played one hand really badly when I lost concentration with QQ against AA when I called an All In Bet on the Turn with an Ace on the Board which should have been an automatic fold. Apart from that, here's a couple of of the more interesting hands I played: -

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1231268

Opponent was 50.98/1.96, I think I was too passive here particularly on the turn and should have bet out, also I should have raised more on the flop but was worried about the flush draw. Not sure if he was ever going to fold.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1231284

On this particular hand I don't think I maximised by winnings here and should have bet out on the flop and river to try and get all his chips. I didn't want to lose my customer on the flop. He was 50.0/0.00

Overall, I think I am too tight and need to loosen up as I always have a VPIP of between 10-12%. Thanks to fellow card runners member RobRacing who pointed this out to me after playing around 140 hands with him on Poker Stars this evening. I need to try and play more hands in position.

1 comment:

PGK said...

I think you played hand 1 just fine.

Don't like how you played hand 2. Why check behind on the flop? There is really no reason to slow play sets at this level in most cases. The board turns ugly on you too often and checking doesn't put any money in the pot. We always talk about how they'll never fold at this level, well bet!