Thursday 5 July 2007

Increasing VPIP

I had a profitable session today taking on board advice I have received about being more aggressive especially post flop. Didn't really have any interesting hands but was quite pleased with how things went.

I want to talk about something a bit more technical. Over the course of my Poker Playing Career, and certainly over the past few month's and a sizeable number of hands, my VPIP generally seems to settle down at around 10-12.

I would ideally like to try and increase this to between 15-18 has any one got any advice as to some area's I can be looking at to try and improve this result as I am too tight at the moment and need to loosen up my play.

I generally try and play in position however, as a rule I will fold to a raise/reraise unless I have a premium hand.

3 comments:

michaeyk said...

Add suited connectors from late position and Ax from the button.

liamm1987 said...

Open up your range on the button. If I have a couple of nits in the blinds I'm almost raising any two.

I also like to isolate a lot of limpers in position who have a high Fold to cbet%.

And three bet light in position against people who are opening a lot of pots.

RakebackFAQ said...

I agree with the guys there but i also think that 11%ish is ideal for full ring play , maybe 2 tables at a time that way you wont get bored, try to keep your raising close to your vpip.
GL