Wednesday 11 July 2007

Doing Something I Shouldn't

I broke won of my Golden Rules this week and played a quick session of poker on Monday when knackered instead of having a day off. As a result I lost a couple of buy in's in hands that I shouldn't have got involved in or got away from: -

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1254475

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1254496

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1254501

The first 2 hands ~I was well ahead when the money went in but I can't help thinking I should have got away from them.

The final hand was really badly played from me. I made a bad read, and never put him on the straight which was probably obvious to most.

As I mentioned in an earlier post I have been really busy at work and haven't played that much this week. Hopefully I'll be back on track tomorrow and will be able to have a look at how other people are getting on.

2 comments:

Graham said...

Hand 1) This is totally fine. Raising AJ is standard. Raising someone leading into you is good. Getting all in with top pair and the nut flush draw is standard. There is no point where you should have folded this hand.

Hand 2) Eh, getting all in preflop with QQ is usually pretty marginal, but it's certainly not bad.

Hand 3) Yeah, you're pretty much never ahead when you get raised on this river. Just pitch it.

Gregory Lynn said...

H1: I agree, this hand is fine. The only thing I would quibble with is the call of the flop raise but that's not a big deal at that level.

H2: The thing about getting it all in with QQ is that you have to know your villain is going to do that with AK a big chunk of the time.

H3: I agree, with the board paired, a potential straight, and someone calling you down so far, one pair isn't going to win often.