Tuesday 24 July 2007

Play since 21st

Its been a while since I've posted any interesting hands so here's 4 I've played since Saturday.

I've played 1600 hands at 13.45/11.58 A bit better VPIP but too small a sample. Unfortunately I'm showing a slight loss for these four days all due to testing myself at 50NL on Sunday for a while which didn't go very well. I just wanted to test myself at the higher limit for a session. It gave me some pointers and although I've got my bankroll up to the level where I can move up to 50NL due to a couple of decent MTT cashes, I'm no where near ready to move back up. Will continue playing 25NL for a while and see where I am in a couple of weeks.

Any way on to the hands. This 1st one I'm happy with until the River where I hit a bad card for me although why I reraised all in with the nut flush when there is a paired board I have no idea. Must go down as one of the worst play's I've ever made. I'd only just sat down at the table and the other player did a Runner immediately after this hand!

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1296761

This next hand, I flopped a set and my opponent hit a straight on the turn, my question is this, could I have not called his all in bet on the turn bearing in mind I had Pot Odds of 2.5:1. I only have around 24 hands with him at 95.43/0.00?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1296787


The third hand I'm going to post is when for once I managed to lay down Aces on the flop to a check raise and draw heavy board. I think this was the correct play but has any one got anything to add. He was at 27.27/25.97 over 75 hands.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1296835

Finally, saving the best until last, no comments really necessary, just wanted to post this for myself just a shame I didn't get paid and wasn't likely to!!!

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1296849

Thanks for any comments there very much appreciated.

1 comment:

RakebackFAQ said...

Hand 1) not much you can do with your hand here most people will pay it off, i dont think it was a bad card to hit the river there not always gona have a boat. No need to go allin tho just a call would be good plus you should be leading out on the flop this is a hand good enough to go allin IMO on the flop. Using that rule below you have 15 outs X 4 = 60% to hit. Thats y i say its good enough to get in with.

Hand 2) Again i wouldnt beat mysef up over this alot of the time they will have a flush draw. Looking at your question you have 10 outs to win.

To get your odds you use the rule of 2 and 4 , on the flop you multiply your outs by 4 that give you odds of hitting, on the turn you do that by 2, this gives you approxmate odds, ill look for the link and post it at the bottom. SO 10 outs on the turn leaves you 20% 4-1 against(i think), so you dont have odds if you know he has the straight, but he wont alot of the time.

Hand 3) Its fine to get away here but alot of people will do this with QJ , KJ type of hands beacuse they have a draw to , to do it with QK(the nuts)would be silly right? Looking at his stats tho 2 pr is well within his range there. But you should ask yourself in these pots Why did he do that, and you'll get the answer to protect his hand. You dont need to protect the nuts right? Plus Raise more PF they wont notice what your doing!

Hand 4) its the same as above.

Overall i think you played these fine, your stats are better than before nice and tight which i dont think look to bad. I still dunno how you do it tho i find it hard to keep under 20!. If you have the BR for 50nl you should be playing it, say you have 20 BI take a shot if you lose 3 move down and rebuild. If you have 25 do it if you lose 5 to move down. The point is you should be playing there Its no diffrent than 25 just the people have more $. And it hurts more to lose so you might try harder without knowing. Check this post about BR >

http://poker.wikia.com/wiki/Bankroll

2 and 4 link >
http://www.pokerxl.com/TexasHoldemOdds.html

Best of luck!