Thursday 26 July 2007

Good Couple of Days

Although I haven't been able to play that much this week because of Work committments. The perils of working in an Accounts Dept at month end, I have played pretty well albeit only over 600 hands winning 3 buy ins and even managing to play with a VPIP at 14.29 which is going in the right direction.

There's a couple of hands here which are loosely linked to a comment Pkr_Brat made on his blog about playing Loose Players. The player in question is playing at 66.23/16.88 and once in a pot he could not lay hands down. The first hand I ended up paying him off which is the risk you have when playing against people like this as if the trash they are playing hits then I find that I do not believe them. However, I would still rather be playing these character's in the long run as they are going to be where I make my money more often than not as the second hand will illustrate: -

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1309016


I'm not sure I could ever call a raise with 85 Suited pre flop. Open raising on the Button no problem but calling a raise I don't know. I guess I should have been suspicious when he Min Raised my bet on the flop and I kind of suspected that he had a 5 but in view of how loose he was I still paid him off. Not a wise move.

Two hands after the previous hand, he lost most of what he'd won from me when he raised all in on the turn with the nut flush draw into a player who had been showing strength all the way through the hand. Not long after, I took this pot down from him when I hit the Full House on the Turn. If the other player in the hand would have reraised I would possibly have folded as he was considerably tighter, I would probably have folded to the loose player also: -

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1303773

3 comments:

grinder said...

hand 1 i cant see that calling an all in bet with 99 is a good play , even against a maniac , this is a coin flip an there are a lot of hands that are going to beat you , id look for a better spot .

hand 2 this looks like the better spot here , maybe lead out on the turn here , he may put you on a smaller ace , i think by min re raising his previous bet you made him think you have a hand and hes just calling you down

RakebackFAQ said...

Hand 1)Iam with Grinder here , but having said that these kind of players get me worked up and i want to play with them with good hands.

Hand 2)I think this is an ideal place to double up, Hes slow playing his big hands to get paid . I never ever min RR its a sign of straingth , i think theres a case of calling here and pushing on the river. Having seen the results i think he will pay you here.

You should hide the results in gray when posting hands , it makes the comments diffrent beacuse we can see the results before we post. You get more imput just from the hand to the river and not the result. Cheers for reminding me of my bad times :)

losbert said...

Thanks for the comment guys, something strange happened on Hand 1, The Hand is my AA V 85S, for some reason its tracked to the wrong hand history. Have corrected it but should really check my posts before publishing them!