Wednesday 4 July 2007

Frustrated

Only played for about an hour today. Had a bad session where I lost a couple of buy ins when I don't think I did alot wrong. One hand I had KK, raised from the button got re raised All In by someone playing 42.86/7.14. Called the All In Raise he turned over Q6 off suit and hit the flush on the River.

This is the other hand where I lost a buy in. When I played the hand I felt that there was nothing I could do. However, having played the hand back through Poker Tracker, I now think I should have raised on the Flop or Turn instead of flat calling even though I was well ahead until the river:

-http://www.pokerhand.org/?1234151

On this other hand I played today, I flopped the nut flush and was trying to draw my opponent in by not raising. However, could I have maximised my winnings in this hand by playing it differently?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1234173

Overall I'm a bit frustrated about how today's session has gone but tomorrow's another day.

4 comments:

DWarrior said...

Looks like you're slowplaying way too much, you need to make raises to build pots, especially at limits where people will call you with many worse hands.

Hand 1: raise to .5 pf, 4xBB+1xBB per caller. On the flop a lot of cards can come that can put 4-straights on the board and overcards, both of which will severely slow down the action. Put in a raise that will keep opponent in the hand while building the pot. As played, raise it up to $1.7 or so.

Hand 2: Raise PF. On the flop, not too much that can come to really help your action, but if the board pairs it won't be as fun to stack off, and if another spade falls they'll be reluctant to stack off. Make a raise to build the pot, raise it up to $.5 or .6

RakebackFAQ said...

I agree with dwarrior here your not aggrasive enough the 1st hand is unfortunate but it is a draw heavy board like 8 out of 10 players here will call with 89s,q9s and kq regardless of position IMO your playing to right for the limit your at most of these guys are there just for fun and dont fully understand position, your bets etc.

1 way to get payed at these tables is almost become a maniac like 10 10 is a real hand a good hand you shold be betting .9 or 1$ with it and when you hit the trips look to get all in, you should be much more aggrasive PF with real hands like 10 10 bet big and strong that way when you get a hand like A9s in position your bet of .40 or .50 will get called and with that flop and your aggrasive image you get paid by somebody whos annoyed at you , you get me? I dont mean be a donkey and play any2 cards real strong but the the 1s you play play strong , real hands(10 10) bet big 1$ish, nice hands (A9s)that your not so comfortable betting bet strong but smaller .4-.5ish. They wont relise what your doing and they'll just think your a bully and play back at you = you get there $ when you hit.

Plus you should get into the habbit of rebuying for the full amount after every SB like if you got in with that A9 hand the you could win a 13$ pot if you had 10$ woulda been about 21$ just for topping up, start doing it now to make it 2nd nature when you move up your missing value by not having the full amount.

Best of luck man!

losbert said...

Cheer's guy's I took that on board this evening and was alot more aggressive and didn't slow play anything. Its too early to say how this will turn out but was pleased with how I got on.

grinder said...

yep like ken says you got to raise the pot by standard amount religiously 4xbb plus 1bb per limper but it looks like you my have been going all in with this hand anyway

man it looks like villains hand just wasnt strong enough to stack off....that happens